Saturday, January 19, 2008

Jodha Akbar my words


This album from rahman comes after a long wait. Is the wait worth ?
Yes it is indeed. Jodha akbar has got few melodies which is soul stirring. I am really sad that it has only 5 songs which can be easily 7 to make it an complete album. For the mumbai mass the easy pickings could be the melodies and the south side would hang on to the qawali sung by the mastero. The title track would be appreciated by all for sure.
On the whole a lovely album and some fantastic recording. I would rate Jodha akbar after laagan followed by swades in the ashu rahman combo.
Hail Rahman !!!!

7 comments:

AC said...

For the mumbai mass the easy pickings could be the melodies and the south side.......TRUE

Shahid said...

1. Jodha Akbar
2. Swades
3. Lagaan

the combo becomes better every time...stunning!

R Sharad Srineevas said...

i wont agree on that.Yes as you said combo gets better, but on the whole and in terms of achievement laagan will stand out. Fingers crossed u neva know JA can beat laagan.

Parthi said...

i sometimes wish if the south taste changes!...too much of dappangkoothu influence doesn't make sense! hehe anyways thanks for the comment on my blog

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

tats correct,with 5 tracks it lacks an epic movie standard and ofcourse it has gud numbers but not as variety as LAGAAN

eSa said...

I'm a big fan of Bolly music & movie. I truly fancy the music of 'Jodha Akbar'. My fav is the 'khwaja' song. And by the way, I enjoy reading ur blog. Keep writing. Cheers!